Wednesday, August 22, 2012

PHOTOGRAPHS

I do not get to all the shows - some are too far away, and my health has not been good.

Nevertheless, I do my best at the ones I get to, and it is very annoying to hear that "she only takes pictures of dogs she likes".

Well, watch me at shows. I take several, not just one, of each class. I have to rush, as I cannot hold up judging. I cannot intervene to ask the dogs to be placed for me. And often the results are unusable. The steward`s bottom is in the way, or the dog is having a pee, or climbing up the owner`s leg, or insisting on standing with its back to me. And I can`t do anything about that. It`s not a matter of choosing the dogs. The judge has done that. It`s a matter of trying to catch the dog in a reasonable pose, in the few seconds I have before the next class.

It is not easy.

And it means I will not have pictures of every class, or of all the winners in that class.

And even the posed pictures of CC winners sometimes just don`t come out.

I am not a professional photographer. I am just trying to give an impression of the show on the day. If anyone likes what I produce, they can have it for free.

And those who don`t like the pictures don`t have to visit this site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said! We enjoy your pictures, Elizabeth, and hope you will go on taking them for many years to come.