Tuesday, March 15, 2005

PHOTOGRAPHS

How do you feel about photographs on this site? I was approached at Crufts by a member who felt that one of the pictues of the awards in a class at the Open show showed her dog with his feet in an odd position.

Now, I am not a professional photographer. Mrs Phillips and Mrs McGregor, who have helped a great deal in taking photos at open shows, are not professionals either. And I can assure you that the Club is not going to pay for a professional photographer. Any such photographs will be the ones you send in.

So what do you think? Should I go on taking pictures at shows? (If you didn`t want your dog photographed you could say so on the spot.)

Or would you prefer that only photographs sent in by dog`s owners should be used?

Meanwhile I`ll hold back the rest of the Crufts pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have had the same complaint with photographs in the Newsletter, so now will only use the owners photo's, and if they don't send them in, well, that's their hard luck when they see an empty space where their dog should have appeared, even though it may spoil the issue for the majority of people.
I personally like seeing 'candid' shots, after all, these photo's are not paid for advertisments.

Anonymous said...

As the owner who commented to Elizabeth about the dogs feet, my comment was that he looked like he was doing line/country dancing. Elizabeth offered to remove the photo, which I declined. Like everyone else I enjoyed looking at snapshots from the show.

Anonymous said...

We all know the camera can lie and I am sure I am not alone in having had photos taken of my own dogs that have been less than flattering to them. I also recall many years ago a dog of mine being photographed by someone else which made his front look quite poor, something which was not the case. This picture was sent abroad with derogatory comments. I think it only courtesy to ask an owner before publishing a picture of their dog. I am sure none of us like to see a less than flattering picture taken by someone else published without our consent.

Anonymous said...

I think that the photo's being posted show a true representation of what goes on at a show, they show the fun, the atmosphere and the passion that goes into our sport. Who cares if a picture may appear less than flattering? Dogs will be dogs after all. Therefore to convey a show atmosphere "candid" photo's are of the utmost importance and adds to the charm. If however you wish to see your dog(s) in it's (there) best light you should E-mail your chosen pictures and a write up to Elizabeth and I am sure she will put your "Profile" on the weblog.
Elizabeth, Please keep up the good work, the pictures published are brilliant, and the weblog is a Triumph! (I would like to see others do such a good job!)

Anonymous said...

I think its fantastic to see photo's of the shows, dogs and humans. It makes a great record, and i think it is certainly about the fun of the shows and is no way meant to be professional site. I agree the owners permission should be sought before taking the photo's or afterwards if this is not always possible. But i'm sure most of us should have nothing to hide and as someone previously said.... the camera never lies! Keep up the fantastic work ladies!